J-Term (short for January term) gives upper school students an opportunity for new educational experiences the first week of the second semester. Through a J-Term experience, students interact and build relationships with fellow students and faculty in a less structured format while participating in a variety of common interest educational opportunities that provide for:
- Mission/service trips and cultural/educational trips and internship opportunities
- Non-traditional approaches to teaching and learning including outdoor activities and real world experiences
- Elective choices organized along "specialized interests"
In 2019 there were 27 J-Term offerings:
- 96 students traveled on educational trips - (Disney, London, Nashville)
- 72 students traveled on mission or ministry trips - (Dominican Republic, Haiti, Kenya)
- 30 students participated in service projects in our community
- 25 students participated in vocational shadowing
Click here to see the full photo gallery!