(Teaching and/or administrative applicants, please complete)
CHRISTIAN BACKGROUND & BELIEFS
(All applicants – required fields)
CHARLOTTE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL STATEMENT OF FAITH
The members of the board of trustees, the faculty and the student body represent various denominations and practices. The school is not under the direction, influence or support of any particular church.
Charlotte Christian School is dedicated to and operates according to the following statement of faith:
- We believe that God is one being – infinitely just, wise, good, loving and holy, and existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is the sovereign Creator of the universe and by His providence sustains and rules all that He has made.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, Son of God, is fully divine and fully human, and that He saves His people from their sin by His life, death and resurrection, and is now ruling over His Church and the world through His Word and Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates sinners, resides in believers, and enables them to live a Godly life and to use the spiritual gifts He has given them.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible and inerrant Word of God, our final authority in matters of doctrine and practice.
- We believe that sinners are justified by grace through faith on the basis of the finished work of Christ (His death and resurrection) and live this life by the power of God.
- We believe that God is calling people from the whole human race to believe in His Son, Jesus Christ, and to become members of His Body, the Church. Those who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior enjoy the blessings of God and fellowship with each other in communities of faith until Jesus returns.
- We believe that man, male and female, was created in the image of God, but fell into sin through the disobedience of Adam and Eve. As a result of the fall, all people are born sinful and in need of salvation.
- We believe that marriage is a covenantal relationship created by God for a man and a woman. Sexual intimacy is a gift from God and has its proper place only within the context of marriage.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, will return to renew the whole creation and to judge the living and the dead.
(Please answer yes or no. If yes, please explain.)
I hereby certify that each and every statement made on this form is true and complete and understand that any misstatement or omission of information will subject me to disqualification or dismissal.