The iKnights academic instructional technology program builds on the 2020 vision for the school and brings more Apple technology into classroom to continue the development of 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
1313 Apple Devices Purchased for the iKnights Technology Program:
• MacBook Airs for upper school students
• iPads for middle school students
• iPad Minis and Airs on a cart for middle school
• iPad Airs on a cart for each lower school grade
• iPad Minis in lower school STEM lab
• iMacs in lower school technology lab
• iPads and iPad Minis cart in Early Education classrooms (JK-K)
• Apple TV in every classroom
• LEGO Robotics programming and engineering program is enhanced with new products and activities for use in lower and middle school
• Upgrades to campus network and wireless capabilities
Digital Citizenship Week
Charlotte Christian participates in the national Digital Citizenship Week in October, by teaching our students how to be safe, responsible and respectful online. Best practice standards are being discussed with our students through grade-appropriate methods and have been adapted from the nationally-recognized ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) to align with our Biblical worldview. As we seek to impact the culture for Christ and teach our students how to maintain healthy and beneficial behavior in the world of technology, among the lessons our students are learning this week include:
- Understanding that they should engage in respectful communication online just as they would offline. This includes cyberbullying, harassment or any other form of vindictive behavior.
- Limiting their use of technological devices thus creating a healthy balance between being connected online and communicating offline .
- Protecting themselves by keeping personal information, including their phone number, address and current location, private .
- Respecting others' work and not taking credit for work that is not theirs .
For more information on Digital Citizenship Week, please visit commonsensemedia.org.