It is our desire to make a Christ-centered, college preparatory education available to as many families as possible. Each year, Charlotte Christian allocates a limited amount of funds for financial aid to enrolled families. All financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated need and is assessed through an independent third party program, School and Student Services (SSS).
The principles below are followed in the financial aid process:
- Families must apply for financial assistance awards each year using the need based assessment process. Due to changes in a family's financial condition and the financial assistance pool available at the school, families may receive awards that are greater or lower than the previous year.
- Financial aid awards are granted only after your child has been accepted at Charlotte Christian School.
- Financial aid awards for new siblings will not be awarded until your child has completed the application process and has been accepted for enrollment at Charlotte Christian School.
- Financial assistance grants will not exceed 50 percent of tuition. Parents are responsible for the remaining tuition balance and all fees.
- All financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated financial need and is assessed through an independent third party program, School and Student Services (SSS).
- All aspects of the financial aid process for your family are confidential. Any information provided to the admissions office is handled in strictest confidence, and we require that financial aid awards to your family remain confidential between you and the school.
- Financial aid awards will be made without regard to race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin.
- As a member of the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA), Charlotte Christian adheres to NCISAA policies and procedures regarding financial aid. Student-athletes do not receive preferential treatment in the awarding of financial aid. No student may receive any form of financial aid in exchange for athletic participation.
How to Apply
Please visit the School and Services website SSS by NAIS to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). By completing the PFS online, your information will be provided to Charlotte Christian School in the most timely manner possible. The SSS website will lead you through the PFS completion process and will also indicate additional documentation required for the assessment process.
Once you sign on to the SSS website, you do not need to complete the PFS during one visit. You will receive a password that will allow you to save your work, leave the website and return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it. The PFS must be completed and submitted for consideration in awarding financial aid for the upcoming school year. For assistance in completing the PFS, you may contact SSS directly at: Helpline: (800) 344-8328 (Monday - Friday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. EST; Saturday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. EST.)
Financial aid awards for returning families who have completed the process and submitted all required documents will be provided prior to the re-enrollment deadline. Awards for new families will not be provided until their students have been accepted to Charlotte Christian School.