Each year Charlotte Christian visual artists of all ages participate in one of Charlotte's richest art traditions, Festival in the Park. Held annually at Freedom Park, this fun, family-friendly event spotlights the regional arts scene with a wide variety of visual arts and crafts, performance arts, and live music.
Area schools are invited to display student artwork at the festival alongside local artisans and craftsmen, and this year Charlotte Christian submitted roughly 100 works of student art. These two-dimensional pieces represent a wide range of grade level, media, and technique.
Area artists adjudicate all submissions, and this year the following CCS student-artists were chosen as winners in their respective divisions:
- Campbell Simmons, 3 - “Roots”, first place
- Addie Ross, 2 - “Farm Landscape”, second place
- Gabriella Akers, 1 - “Mosaic Inspired by Alma Thomas”, third place
- Webb Ulrich, JK - “Robot”, honorable mention
- Eden Davis, 8 - “Self-Portrait”, first place
- Isabelle Franklin, 8 - “Translucent Triad”, third place
- Casey Banner, 8 - “My Shoe Contour”, honorable mention
- Sydney Rohm, 11 - “The Warriors”, first place
- Sarah Buchmann, 9 - “Jazz”, second place
- Zoey Zhang, 12 - “Passed Memories”, second place
- Grace Armstrong, 11 - “I’m Fine”, third place
- Annie Thompson, 11 - “Who Art You - The Enneagram”, honorable mention