Congratulations to four upper school students on earning recognition in the 2021 Mid-Carolina Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Competition. The group earned one gold key, four Silver Keys and four Honorable Mention writing awards.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards is administered by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers and is the longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for student achievement in the visual arts and creative writing in the United States.
- Michelle Igbinadolor (12), Silver Key, Personal Essay, “What it Meant”
- Zoe Jackson (12), Gold Key, Personal Essay, "My Story"
- Jordan Montgomery (12), Silver Key, Poetry, “Black in America”
- Shae Whittle (12)
- Silver Key, Poetry, “dining with Depression”
- Silver Key, Poetry, “outperforming robots”
- Honorable Mention, Poetry, "how hurricanes are named"
- Honorable Mention, Poetry, "moment museum"
- Honorable Mention, Poetry, "my solar eclipse"
- Honorable Mention, Poetry Portfolio, "defining humanity through the ordinary"