Congratulations to 12 middle and upper school students on earning recognition in the 2020 Mid-Carolina Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Competition. The group earned three Silver Keys and nine Honorable Mention writing awards.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards is administered by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers and is the longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for student achievement in the visual arts and creative writing in the United States.
- Cade Nicholson (9), Silver Key, Short Story, "The Pirates Revenge"
- Taylor Young (8), Silver Key, Poetry, "Fragmented Society"
- Harrison Zuckerberg (12), Silver Key, Personal Essay, "My Life's Recipe"
- Rachel Baker (7), Honorable Mention, Science Fiction/Fantasy, "The Gloves"
- Marisa Bartholomew (12), Honorable Mention, Personal Essay, "A Mother's Advice"
- Kayli Battle (12), Honorable Mention, Personal Essay, "Shedding My Coat"
- Cate Darling (8), Honorable Mention, Short Story, "Challenging Reality"
- Anna Ferguson (12), Honorable Mention, Personal Essay, "More Than a Test"
- Katie Hayes (10), Honorable Mention, Personal Essay, "Sandy Hook Shooting"
- Zoe Jackson (11), Honorable Mention, Poem, "The First Day of School"
- Laila Robinson (12), Honorable Mention, Poem, "Home"
- Shae Whittle (11), Honorable Mention, Poem, "The Process to Self Love: A Reverse Poem"