Charlotte Christian School provides personal counselors at each division to nurture relationships with students, support social/emotional learning and foster spiritual growth. Through individual sessions, small groups and classroom lessons, counselors partner with students to navigate challenges, develop healthy coping skills and integrate biblical truth into their daily lives. When long-term counseling is necessary, counselors are prepared to recognize and respond to student needs and assist families in seeking resources.
Lower School Counselor - Angela Liner
Mrs. Liner received her bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her master's degree in counseling from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She has had experience as a middle and upper school counselor through the years but has found her home in the lower school with Charlotte Christian’s youngest students. She is passionate about walking with parents in these foundational years and working with students on their social and emotional development. She has been a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) since 2008 and finds it a true joy to now serve at her alma mater from the class of 2000.
Middle School Counselor - Jacqueline Gray
Mrs. Gray received her bachelor's degree in elementary and special education from Clarion University of P.A. and a Master of Education in school counseling from Liberty University. While working for several years as a teacher, she had the opportunity to come alongside students to assist them in their social and emotional growth. She worked with counselors and community members to create small groups and mentorship programs for youth. These experiences were so impactful that they led her to pursue a degree in counseling. She currently serves as the middle school counselor. She enjoys helping students and parents as they navigate the middle school years that are full of transitions and self-discovery.
Upper School Counselor - Ginny Schmidt
Mrs. Schmidt earned her bachelor’s degree in sociology from Covenant College. She continued to pursue her calling to care for adolescents by completing her master’s degree in school counseling from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She currently serves as the upper school personal and academic counselor. It is her joy to help students navigate their social, emotional, academic and spiritual life at Charlotte Christian School.
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents: 7 Ways to Stop the Worry Cycle and Raise Courageous and Independent Children by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul David Tripp
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Are my Kids on Track? The 12 Emotional, Social, Spiritual Milestones Your Child Needs to Reach by Sissy Goff, David Thomas, and Melissa Trevathan
- Boundaries with Teens by Dr. John Townsend
- Brave: A Teen Girl's Guide to Beating Worry and Anxiety by Sissy Goff
- Intentional Parenting by Doug Fields
- Back Door to Your Teen’s Heart by Melissa Trevathan and Sissy Goff
- The God I wish I knew in High School by Cameron Cole and Charlotte Getz
- Abba’s Child by Brennan Manning
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- How Children Succeed by Paul Tough
- Brave: A Teen Girl’s Guide to Beating Worry and Anxiety by Sissy Goff