Accreditation & Memberships
Charlotte Christian School is jointly accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) an accreditation division of AdvancED). Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accrediting agency is recognized by the US Government Department of Education as one of the highest accreditations an educational institution can receive in academia.
Through participation in SACS-CASI accreditation, Charlotte Christian is committed to standards of excellence derived from educational research and best practices. The standards assess topics such as “teaching and learning” and encompass all aspects of the school. In addition to SACS-CASI accreditation, Charlotte Christian holds SAIS accreditation. SAIS serves more than 340 independent schools and supports comprehensive professional growth opportunities, leadership development programs, and a rigorous and thorough accreditation process.
Charlotte Christian is also accredited by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI).
Additionally, Charlotte Christian School is a member of the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA) which serves Christian schools in their pursuit of excellence. As part of membership, CESA conducts an institutional review evaluating leadership, management, academics, and programming.
The accreditation also signifies that Charlotte Christian is engaged in a continuous process of improvement. The mission, vision and direction of Charlotte Christian focus on providing the best educational experience for each child in academics, athletics, fine arts and spiritual life. The personnel, curriculum, programs and operations are evaluated every year by faculty, staff and school administration. Part of the school improvement process includes seeking input from the school community. We will periodically conduct surveys, focus groups, and committee meetings to seek input. We seek parent feedback about programs, practices and policies. We also seek feedback from students, university experts, curriculum experts and educational specialists.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-CASI/AdvancED)
- Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS)
- Charlotte Area Independent Schools (CAIS)
- North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Greater Charlotte Area Christian Schools (GCACS)
- North Carolina Theatre Conference (NCTC)
- Christians in Theatre Arts (CITA)
- Educational Theatre Association (EdTA)
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- National Art Educators Association (NAEA)