Charlotte Christian seeks to diversify its student body by enrolling international students from all over the world. Not only does this enhance the global perspective that is becoming increasingly important in our society, but it also directly mirrors the ethnically and culturally diverse world that our Heavenly Father has created.
Charlotte Christian partners with families or organizations that desire to help students in economically and educationally impoverished environments. We are pleased to accept qualified international students in grades 6-12 who desire a Christ-centered education in the United States.
International students are defined as students who do not have permanent residence in the United States.
The Charlotte Christian School admissions office will oversee the application process, which includes the following:
- All components of the admissions process listed for middle or upper school on the Admissions Checklist
- TOEFL testing
- Possible interview via Skype or telephone
- Contact information for housing and host family information
In addition to tuition costs, there is a one-time fee of $2,500 for newly accepted international students and a $500 fee for re-enrolling international students. International applicants must submit a copy of their birth certificate, passport, and visa with their signed enrollment agreement.
Once an international student has been accepted and has submitted a signed contract agreement along with enrollment fees and the items listed above, Charlotte Christian School will complete and issue an I-20.
International students will be eligible for the school’s financial aid program with the following considerations:
- All financial assistance, for domestic and international students, is given strictly on a needs basis.
- Students will be assessed by the school if they are from impoverished countries or environments.
- The maximum assistance granted is 50 percent of total tuition.
- If a student’s tuition is being paid for by a third party (individual or organization), the student would still be eligible for financial assistance.
Download International Student Application for Admission
If you have any questions about the requirements, either academic or financial, or about hosting or assisting an international student, please contact Mrs. Cathie Broocks, director of admissions, at (704) 366-5657, ext. 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.