It is our desire to make a Christ-centered, college preparatory education available to as many families as possible. Each year, Charlotte Christian allocates a limited amount of funds for financial aid to enrolled families. All financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated need and is assessed through an independent third party program, School and Student Services (SSS).
The principles below are followed in the financial aid process:
- Financial aid awards are granted only after your child has been accepted at Charlotte Christian School.
- All aspects of the financial aid process for your family are confidential. The SSS procedures are detailed on their Web site under Written Information Security Plan. Information provided to the admissions office is handled in strictest confidence and we require that financial aid awards to your family remain confidential between you and the school.
- Financial assistance grants will not exceed 50 percent of tuition. Parents are responsible for the remaining tuition balance and all fees.
- Families must reapply for financial assistance awards each year using the same assessment process. Due to changes in family financial situations and the financial assistance resources available at the school, families may receive awards that are greater or lower than the previous year.
- As a member of the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA), Charlotte Christian adheres to NCISAA policies and procedures regarding financial aid. Student-athletes do not receive preferential treatment in the awarding of financial aid. No student may receive any form of financial aid in exchange for athletic participation.
- Financial aid awards will be made without regard to race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin.
How to Apply
- Beginning on November 1, 2012, you may go to the School and Services website SSS by NAIS to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). By completing the PFS online, your information will be provided to Charlotte Christian School in the most timely manner possible.
- The SSS website will lead you through the PFS completion process and will also indicate additional documentation required for the assessment process.
- Once you sign on to the SSS website, you do not need to complete the PFS during one visit. You will receive a password that will allow you to save your work, leave the website and return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it. The PFS should be completed and submitted by February 8, 2013 for priority consideration in awarding financial aid for the 2013-14 school year.
- For assistance in completing the PFS, you may contact SSS directly at: Helpline: 1-800-344-8328 (Monday - Friday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. EST; Saturday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. EST)
- If you are unable to submit the PFS online, please contact the admissions office at (704) 366-5657, ext. 6503.
- For current Charlotte Christian families, financial aid decisions will be available within two weeks after receipt of the completed SSS report. For prospective families, enrollment decisions for JK and K will be announced on February 22, 2013 and for Grades 1-12 on April 5, 2013. Financial aid decisions will be available at that time for all those with complete financial aid documentation.
- To begin the PFS process click here for instructions.
- Download the Parents' Financial Statement instructions.
- Click the SSS logo to gain access to the SSS by NAIS website.