Mission & History
Charlotte Christian School is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school, equipping and developing students to effectively integrate Biblical truth and learning into their daily lives and to impact the culture for Christ.
The school first opened its doors in 1950 as Calvary Christian Day School for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. In 1960, a group of local businessmen with a heart for Christian education organized Christian High School, and the two schools merged in 1969 to become Christian School Association of Charlotte, Inc., a kindergarten through twelfth grade institution. In 1964, Christian High School graduated its first class with seven seniors. The school relocated to its present location on Sardis Road in 1972, and in 1976, was renamed Charlotte Christian School. In 1982, Charlotte Christian School earned accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI).
Over the last 20 years, the school has continued to grow and develop into what it looks like today. The Guy Gym, Early Education Building, Flenniken Dining Hall and Upper School Building were completed. The Knights have earned 27 team state championships. In 2008, enrollment reached 1086 students, and in 2011, the school graduated its largest senior class of 107 students.
Access a timeline of Charlotte Christian's history